The Range will reopen on Monday 18th May at 9AM, there are restrictions in place and not all facilities or activities will be available so take a look at the rest of this note and please take on board anything that is relevant to you.
1. Only outdoor ranges have been authorised therefore the indoor range will not be open and the container firing point will not be used, instead firing points will be on the gravel in front of the container.
2. Only ‘Pay to Play’ facilities will be available, we will not be able to conduct taster, intro or group sessions and will not be able to carry out lessons as the required social distancing can not be maintained (safety reasons)
3. We can rent equipment but please let us know in advance so the correct hygiene processes can be put in place.
4. You may only sit with members from your own household, specifically someone you have been isolating with, you must maintain the correct social distancing requirements for all others on the range.
5. Do not share equipment.
6. The shop is not fully open, however if you require to purchase ammunition, targets or other items let a member of staff know and it will be brought out to you. If you want to purchase/order rifles/pistols the speak to a member of staff.
7. Only one customer is allowed in the café at any time, drinks will be available however food will not be available until restrictions are relaxed further. There is hand sanitizer available in the café, please use this on entering and leaving the café. The seating area in the café will be closed.
8. Don’t book in yourself, a member of staff will take your details on arrival.
9. Please use contactless payments where possible, if you must use cash then please try and have the correct change available.
10. Staff will wear face coverings and protective gloves whilst on site, all visitors are advised to do the same.
11. There are Hand sanitizer stations placed around the range facilities, please use these regularly.
12. All Government advice, rules and regulations take precedence over any of the above.
Please follow the guidelines and be COVID19 aware while on site, there is no reason why we can’t still have a lot of fun and get back to enjoying our sport whilst staying safe
Vouchers make a great present and we sell them for all our activities.
To purchase call us on 07823 555276
Opening Times and Pricing
We are open 9am to 5pm, 6 days a week (Closed on Thursdays)
Range Session £7.00 per person for the day (bring your own equipment)
If you don't have your own equipment then you can try one of our introductory or taster session, all equipment and skilled instruction is provided
Introduction to Airgun £25 per adult, £20.00 per junior (under 16)
Introduction to Archery £25 per adult, £20 per junior (under 16)
Introduction to Airsoft £25 per adult, £20 per junior (under 16)
(an introduction lasts for 90 mins and gives you enough training to come back and rent equipment from us)
Taster Session (40 mins each of Airgun, Archery and Airsoft) £30 per adult, £25 per junior (under 16)
Rental for Airgun, Airsoft or Archery - £7.00 range fee plus £10.00 rental fee (£17.00) per half day (morning or Afternoon)
Individual training can be provided for any of the activities here on site, including the Skills part of the DoE award scheme
Adult Lesson £20.00 per hour
Junior Lesson (under 16) including DoE £15.00 per hour
Please note that our post code is very 'general', the easiest way to find us is to follow these directions:
Go to the Elephant and Castle pub in Thurlaston Village, the post code for which is LE9 7TP. Turn into the road opposite the pub which is Church Street, follow Church Street, Which becomes Earl Shilton Road, for approximately half a mile, you will see a sports ground on your left, and directly after the sports ground another turning left which will take you over a cattle grid and into what looks like a country park. Follow the road for 300 meters and you will see a turning left up hill, take this and you will be on Normanton Shooting Ground, Thurlaston Airgun and Archery Centre is on your right.
Thurlaston Airgun and Archery Centre.
Whether you are a novice or experienced Airgunner, Archer or Airsoft shooter, you will find facilities to suit you here at TAAC.
Never used an airgun or bow before? not a problem; our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through an all equipment provided introduction.
Family day out, birthday or other event? we can tailor make a session to suit you whether its just for an hour or two or the day, give us a call or come for a visit and see what we can do for you.
Need a new Airgun or Airsoft Gun, new bow, crossbow or Accessories, then give us a call or pop in and we will give you the service you deserve.
We offer great facilities for airguns, Air Rifle and Air Pistol shooters. A 100m Air Rifle Range with a covered firing point and a 65m woodland Air Rifle Range and Air Pistol Range, which makes a great place to practice field shooting. All our ranges have knock down/ reset targets.
Purchasing from us
Here at Thurlaston Airgun and Archery we aim to find you the best airgun, airsoft or archery set up for you. We have experienced shooters on hand to offer advice. We will aim to offer you the best price on all of our guns and equipment and can put together the ideal package for you. If you have an airgun or airsoft gun to sell or part exchange we will be happy to discuss it with you. Give us a call, email or pay us a visit.
We take card, cash and PayPal payments.
(Please note that WE DO NOT STORE CREDIT CARD DETAILS)
If you are not happy with any purchase from us then return it in original condition with all relevant packaging and documents within 14 days for a full refund or exchange.